Wednesday, November 19, 2014

THANKFUL MRS. OLDER

She wrote me an email yesterday. It read:

Hi, I love your blogs! They really speak to the heart of the matter, namely, the heart is what's the matter. I believe many of us know more of God's Word than we actually apply. And that is what's sorely lacking in Christendom, an application of the Word of God and allowing the Word to govern our actions. James instructs us to be "doers" not merely hearers of the Word of God. Thank you for your ministry, it always blesses me.

I hear from so many of you.  All the time.  I think about you - a woman, a wife, a mom, who takes the time to write to a woman you don't know.. just because she encourages them.  I don't take that lightly. I cherish your words to me. I do.  And you encourage me so much more than I could ever encourage you.  Honest. 

I couldn't have known when I wrote the first post on this blog in February of 2012 that I would come to know and love so many of youWell, we don't actually "know" each other.  I don't know why I decided to write this blog under the pseudonym of "Mrs. Older" but I think sometimes it helps some of you to write.  You don't know me.  I don't know you.  But Jesus knows and loves each of us.  I am thankful for you.  Thank you.

Thank you to those of you who have signed up to receive this via email.  With very little promotion or advertising, in a world filled with an "everyone-has-a-blog" Internet... hundreds of you have decided to sign up to receive this via email.  Thank you. I had no clue that hundreds of you would sign up and that tens of thousands of people would read this blog. Tens and tens of thousands of readers.. from all over the world.  I'm FLOORED.   Someone.. many someones.. somewhere.. are telling many friends about Mrs. Older. WOW!

To those of you who have signed up to receive this via email... THANK YOU.  I am honored that you chose to allow that.  (BTW.. hundreds have signed up but have never followed through with the instructions on the follow up email.. so sign up again if you notice you've not received these)

Thank you to those of you who have trusted me with your hearts over these past two and a half years.  So many younger women have emailed me, saying in one way or another that they are so needy of older women pouring in to their lives but cannot find anyone in their town, or city, or church or neighborhood.  Over these years, many of you have been creating a friendship with this anonymous older married woman.  You email me.  Tell me about your families. Ask me to pray.  We sing happy songs when God hears your prayers.
Thanks for those emails.  (awordtothewives@gmail.com).  I know some of you by name. I pray for your marriages. I cry for your broken hearts.  I applaud you for believing that God is able.   I love to hear from you  Some of you with praise reports.  Others with prayer requests.   I didn't know God would allow Mrs. Older to have a little army of warrior women,  willing to pray and fight for their marriages, their children and their community

Thank you to those of you who follow me on twitter.  (https://twitter.com/awordtothewives).  BTW..... for those of you who write and ask me to just give a teensy weensy more info about myself.  Check out my new pic on my twitter account..and.. here  on this blog..if you look close you can see a very CROPPED picture of me.  Also.. if you would consider to follow me on twitter that would be cool.. also.

Mostly I want to say thank you for allowing me in to your heart.  And for allowing me in to yours.

A few years ago God clearly placed a "call" upon me to try and be just one voice crying in the wilderness to remind us that God expects  OLDER women to reach and teach YOUNGER women.  And God expects younger women to be willing to be taught. 

Of course sometimes maturity has nothing to do with age.. and I have found that under the surface... there are thousands and thousands of younger wives who want God's way and God's will to be what matters in their home.

I love you.  I love that so many of you email me...and comment here.

I am blessed and honored. 
And so.. as Thanksgiving approaches.. I just want to take the time to say
"Thank you"

Mrs. Older



No comments:

Post a Comment