Wednesday, February 4, 2015

RAISING THE DEAD vs RAISING YOUR KIDS - PART FIVE

This is going to be short.  I am on my way to answering the question in the title - which is - as a Godly mom should you be "raising the dead or raising your kids."  Meaning, where should your focus be -your call as a Christian or your call as a wife and mother? Today we are a step closer to the answer. It's the foundational part of the answer.

As you know, I have no hidden agenda for writing this blog. Most of you have no idea who I am in "real life."  I am not selling books, I am not advertising my public speaking events. I am not promoting me. I am simply trying to remind you that Jesus has given you all the POWER you need to overcome. How does that kind of daily, overcoming power arrive?
PRAYER.

I have to be lovingly honest.  MOST CHRISTIAN WIVES MAKE PRAYER AN AFTERTHOUGHT.  (as do their husbands). I used to be an afterthought pray-er. I know how it works.

When I wanted something.
When I needed  something.
When something went wrong.
When something was confusing.
When life got difficult..
THEN..
I PRAY.  (and I called my Godly mother to ask HER to pray)

But that isn't the kind of prayer life that the Bible describes. The "house" of God - our churches and our "temple" - are supposed to be known as a HOUSE OF PRAYER.  It requires faith. This verse says it all:

 "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."  Hebrews 11:6

I know that MOST of you won't get this.. or won't WANT to get this..
BUT...
The kind of faith and the kind of prayer that gives us the prayer life that gives us the faith and power and resolve when things come along is to
PRAY
EARNESTLY.
DILIGENTLY.
PRAY ALL THE TIME.

SEEK.
SEEK WHAT?
GOD.
SEEK GOD.

He rewards those who seek HIM.
HIM.
"God, I want to know You more. God I want to thank You more."

That's who HE rewards.
What's the reward?
HIM.

The fact that knowing God, feeling God, hearing His voice, knowing His will is
BORING to most of us
is the reason that most of us
do not have much faith.

And fall apart when life gets anything less than PERFECT.

Sadly most Christian churches do not focus on prayer. 
Most pastors do not teach them to focus on prayer.
And therefore, most Christians do not focus on prayer.

SO.. today.. if just one of you will get in to a secret place.. a prayer closet.. and tell God that HE is all you want.  If just one of you.. one of you.. is inspired to make being a "house of prayer"  your main goal in life..
Then..
YOU WILL BEGIN TO KNOW what God wants you to know.
HIM.
And you will find yourself standing in situations where you used to fall down in fear.

O.K. More tomorrow.
Anyone getting this?
XO,
Mrs.Older

No comments:

Post a Comment