Wednesday, July 15, 2015

THERE'S GOING TO BE A MEETING IN THE AIR

My last blog, "I Will Always Miss Mrs. Even Older" was about the fact that my 92 year old mom passed away on June 6th. I am touched by the emails with comforting words that I have received from so many of you. Thank you.  Mom was a feisty, fearless WOMAN OF GOD.. and when she died she left behind her husband of 72 years, my father, Mr. Even Older.  

My father, 91, has always been the epitome of what a father should be. He was a pastor for most of my life, and a man who loved people and the Lord with all his heart.  For the past year or so, he has lost a great deal of his mobility, and mom devoted herself to his care. My amazing husband selflessly cared for my father for many months. 

The day after mom died, we moved Dad in to our home.  He has his own bedroom, and we assured him that we would continue to care for him.  He was a kind, gentle, Godly man.  You'll notice I use the word "was"... because two days ago, on July 13th... he slipped away to heaven to be with mom.  Just 37 days after she went.. he went too.

HIS FAVORITE SONG - anyone can tell you - FOR ALL HIS LIFE - was a fast-paced song, "There's going to be a meeting in the air..."  
And he had his meeting in the air. 

I know they are both in the presence of God right now. 
But.. I miss them both.  

Caring for my parents has been center stage in our lives for the past four months. This all happened so quickly.  I am still processing it all.
 I hope to be able to get back to blogging soon.
I miss all my sweet Mrs. Youngers...
In the meantime, thank you for your prayers. And your emails.
XO,
Mrs. Older

No comments:

Post a Comment