Wednesday, August 12, 2015

UNANSWERED QUESTIONS

It seems like a hundred years ago I wrote that I was going to spend a couple of blogs writing about talking.  The title I suggested was, "Can We Tell How You Speak At Home by The Way Your Children Speak in Public?" Before we get to that series of blogs, I'd like to mention something to my overworked and underpaid Mrs. Youngers.  I would just like to remind you that

God created children to ask questions.

Yes. He did. That's how children learn.  If you think the world is vague and confusing to you - an adult - just think how confusing it is to your kids. And you (and Mr. Younger) are the people God has put in place to answer all their questions.  That's the simple, genius system God has put in place. Children ask questions. Parents lovingly and patiently answer them.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... yeah right  Sometimes there are so many questions that it seems like torture.  Every three seconds, "Mom, why is that man walking like that?' "Mom, when are we going to get ice cream?" "Mom, why do dogs bark instead of talking?" And they go on and on and on.  There are so many questions that the normal mom probably only answers about 25% of them. 

But this is just a gentle reminder that your child asking you questions may not seem like a big deal to you.. but it's a big deal to your kid.  So for today.. just try and notice them.. and answer them... the best you can.

Your children don't pack up and leave you just because they have some questions you do not answer.  You may not want to explain why Uncle Bob is in prison, or cousin Susan lost her driver's license.  You may not want to explain why Grandma is so fat, or Grandpa is so cranky.  

No.  Your children still love you... even when they ask a question and it goes unanswered.

I want to be that kind of a child.  I want to understand that sometimes I have real questions and I ask God for answers to those questions.  And sometimes all I hear is silence. It seems like He doesn't answer.  I don't pack up and leave Him just because I don't get answers.  No, I still love Him. Even when I ask a question and I am waiting for an answer.  We all have unanswered questions. Sometimes we get answers.  Sometimes we just love our Father in Heaven and trust in His goodness.
Be that kind of child today.  Trust Him.  He is love.

"When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. "
 (Psalm 94:19)

XO,

Mrs. Older.

And.. BTW... thank you for telling your friends to sign up to receive this blog. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment