Monday, November 16, 2015

GOD DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ME.

It is heartwarming to me when you write to me when I haven't blogged for a while to tell me you miss me.  I miss you too. Thank you for your emails. Thank you. 

So, here's a quick explanation..  I will simply say that a book I wrote about my mother .......and the Godly lessons she taught me about how to live life..... was published in July... It got some publicity because my mother was involved as a prayer warrior for a Christian movie that was released around that same time.... and I have been in a wave of UNEXPECTED speaking engagements.. etc. because of that.  She passed away in June. My father passed away in July.  Grief. Missing them... and... People wanting me to come and tell them about my mother's prayer life.  My writing assignments have been increasing because of that.. and.. so.. well....today...I am finally getting to a place where the grief is not overwhelming.. and neither is my schedule.

And in this season.. God is reminding me of something I always knew.. that my mother modeled in her life... and I would like to encourage you with:

The Word Of God is the way to overcome whatever life sends your way.  Whatever the Bible says about God, whatever the Bible says God says about Himself is so trustworthy that you can hang your life on those words. Your very life.  So then, just as he did in the Garden of Eden, satan tries to get us to doubt what God said.

Maybe you don't need comfort today about the loss of a loved one.. but maybe your grief is about a sickness... or a job loss... or a husband who is unloving...or a child who is wayward.  I want to encourage you.

When life gets difficult our mind can play tricks on us. Our emotions can blind us to truth.
We can think that God is unfair, or unloving, or unkind, or unapproachable. 
IT IS A LIE. DON'T BUY THE LIE.

Do you feel like God has abandoned you? Psalm 34:18 reads:  "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Brokenhearted? He is close. Crushed? He will save you. This is not a pep talk. This is TRUTH.

God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” 
Hebrews 13:5

A word study of the word "never" means...... NEVER. NEVER. EVER. EVER. NEVER.
A word study of the word "forsake means...  LEAVE BEHIND; ABANDON;

I would encourage you to get your Bible...
Ask the Holy Spirit (whose name is THE COMFORTER) to give you a promise to cling to.
And then..
CLING TO IT.

Are you thinking "God doesn't care about me"...?????
What does the Bible say?

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

You may FEEL like God doesn't care about you. But that isn't truth. Truth is what God's Word says.  HE CARES FOR YOU. YES... YOU.. yes... yes.. YOU.
 
In closing, I would like to say that sometimes we expect God to come INSTANTLY and make things right.  Sometimes.. He does just that.  Other times, He walks with us through it. And day by day He never leaves your side.  And then, one day, you look back and realize He never left you.  

I don't know how He will help you.  I don't know how He will comfort you.  I don't know when He will change your circumstances. 

I JUST KNOW THAT GOD NEVER BREAKS HIS PROMISE. NEVER. EVER.

Hang in there.
God is right there.
Right now.

I LOVE YOU...and so appreciate that God is allowing me to have so many people signing up to receive this blog.  Who knew? God knew.
XO,
Mrs. Older

No comments:

Post a Comment