Tuesday, March 22, 2016

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

Last night, i just vegged out on the sofa and watched TV.  It's been a busy couple of months..I just had a book come out... and.. well... I have been traveling more and speaking more...and so.... last night was just one of those nights that I sat down on the sofa with a cup of mint tea (I LOVE MINT TEA), remote control in hand... and I flipped through various channels.  Mrs. Older = Couch Potato.

And I noticed something.  Much of the programming and advertising is very FEAR BASED.  The advertisers - many of them - seem to have learned that if they can connect what we are afraid of and convince us that their product will protect us from whatever we are afraid of..... they can close the sale.  And much of the news reporting creates FEAR.  FEAR. FEAR. FEAR.

We are all afraid.  Why? Life is scary, THAT'S WHY.

I don't need to remind you - or me - of all the things that cause us to fear.  
But I do want to take the time to remind you of a SIMPLE TRUTH:   JESUS CARES ABOUT YOU.  AND ME. 1 Peter 5:7

 "Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

So then.. here's the deal.  Either you believe that or you don't.  I can type ten zillion words of cheerleading you to faith in that truth.. but.. the bottom line is this: 

Either you believe that God CARES ABOUT YOU and WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH... or you don't.   And if you don't... life is overwhelming at the moment.  It's just the truth. We cannot get through what life can throw at us WITHOUT JESUS.

HE CARES ABOUT YOU.  That is the TRUTH.  HE CARES ABOUT YOU. HE DOES.  
So then when you think thoughts that convince you that God DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.. and that you are in this thing all alone... you are thinking a lie.  We know that Satan is the FATHER of lies.  

IF he can convince you - and most of us - that God does NOT care.. then we do NOT give ALL our worries and ALL our cares to Him.  Why give something so overwhelming to Someone who doesn't care?  So... we carry them and they weigh us down. And eventually carrying the weight of what we could have given to God DEFEATS US.  That's the trick. Get you to doubt the GOODNESS of God, the MERCY of God, the LOVE of God.. and you fall down and cannot get up. 

Worried about your children? Cast that worry on God. "God, I cannot change one thing in the life of my children, but You can. Will you take this burden from me and help me? I KNOW YOU CARE ABOUT THIS."

Worried about your success as a mom?  As a wife?  Give it to God. "God, I feel like such a failure.  These negative thoughts are weighing me down.  I KNOW you care about me. Please take this and help me." 

ON AND ON.  Whatever is burdening you today... can be brought to God, your Father in Heaven.. Why?  Because HE CARES ABOUT YOU. Sure, He loves the WHOLE WORLD, but He LOVES you... sitting there in Australia.... or Montana... or California.. or Pennsylvania. YOU.. in your house reading this. Yes.  YOU.

The facts are like this:
GOD CARES FOR YOU.

IF you believe that... you will find He is always willing to take your fear and give you peace. Give you hope.

IF you choose to NOT believe that God cares about you... then.. it doesn't change the fact that He does. It just changes the way you are handling your fears.

I pray one of you reading this will be reminded that your Father cares for the birds of the air, and has numbered each hair on your head.
He never told us that life would NOT be scary.  He just promised that He would take whatever we give Him.
What are you afraid of? 
Give it to God.

XO,
Mrs. Older

P.S.  Suddenly.. there is a new wave of people signing up to receive this via email. You may join the multitude by signing up yourself.  Upper right corner of this page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment